Friday, June 27, 2008

I Was Going to Post Today...

...but then we went swimming all morning, and we're going to our Sunday School's party at the kids' waterpark tonight. My mother-in-law is coming into town tomorrow--and for some reason I get this urge to clean the house more thoroughly than usual when that happens. I mean, I doubt she'll look in the master bathroom linen cabinet--but what if she does?

So I'll be cleaning for the next few hourstaking a nap. And cleaning tomorrow, when I panic and start slavedriving everyone to help me. Won't that be enjoyable!

Have a fun weekend!

11 comments:

  1. and what if she accidentally runs her finger along the top of the kitchen cupboards that are 8 feet off the ground, or takes a peek to see how organised your towel rails are. Mother-in-laws so bring out the worst in us don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that we do this to ourselves? We drive ourselves to exhaustion cleaning, company arrives and the kids go wild and the house looks worse than when we started. (?) Enjoy yourself anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, I do that too! For whatever reason, I don't know, I just want to kept the house super-shiny-clean when my MIL pops over....probably to shut her mouth from saying stuff that I don't like to hear! *wink*

    typical MIL and DIL relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, I do that too! For whatever reason, I don't know, I just want to kept the house super-shiny-clean when my MIL pops over....probably to shut her mouth from saying stuff that I don't like to hear! *wink*

    typical MIL and DIL relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I am so that way too. I can't leave a speck of dust on anything because she will find it. She has been known to open cabinets that I didn't think she would. Don't forget to get some rest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how it is, you're breezing along having fun and darn it, life jumps up and gets in the way! See you next time...
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where abouts in Texas are you? I'm moving there from Utah in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My MIL DOES look in all the closets and medicine cabinets. I swear she does. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to come over so I can go swimming with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious! I do the same thing...take a nap then panic later!

    ReplyDelete