Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dinner date

Another question. If you could have an elegant dinner alone with anyone presently alive, whether you know them or not, who would you want it to be?

Um. Let me think. First of all, it doesn't matter if it's an elegant dinner, as long as the food's good. I won't pick someone I know, although many of you are good company, because come on--I can eat with you anytime. And I don't want to eat with someone who intimidates me by their beauty or their fame. I don't think I'd have enough in common with most actors to have a conversation, and I don't know enough about a lot of writers to choose. (What would I say to a writer? "How do you get your ideas?" Please. They hate that.)

So I'm going to say the talk show host Dennis Prager. He knows how to talk in an interesting way and how to listen. He's not just interested in politics but also in moral issues and relationships. I think I'd have a nice time talking to him.

Who would you want to be your dinner companion? Your criteria may be very different than mine--you may want someone gorgeous, so if the conversation flags, you'd have something nice to look at. That's okay.

2 comments:

  1. sandra bullock. hands down. (and hopefully she'd be drinking heavily enough, but not too heavily) seriously. hey, at least i'm honest ha ha.

    other than that i can honestly say i'd love to have dinner with Dubya & limbaugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. and btw, thanks for your email. i can promise you i'm going to need all the encouragement i can get.

    ReplyDelete