One year ago today I was greatly relieved to have brought a son into the world. It's almost impossible to believe that he was once so tiny and helpless (well, helpless--at 8 lbs. 14 oz., he was never all that tiny) and now he's a walking, talking boy.
Here are some of Mr. Blue's accomplishments at one year old.
- walks everywhere and is learning to go up and down the step in our living room
- is still saying "thank you"
- refuses to let you feed him anything with a spoon except ice cream
- steals Miss Pink's sippy cup and cries stormily when it is taken away
- loves opening and shutting doors
- favorite activity: taking a bath (he's his father's son)
- giggles when Daddy throws him high into the air
- plants open-mouthed kisses on me and won't move his mouth
- throws his sippy cup when finished with it
- shakes his head "no" and thinks he is being funny
- eats any food offered to him including bits of steak; although he did spit out meatloaf and we were shocked
- dances to his Elmo piano music (we plan to work on his musical taste)
- puts a small basketball in the hoop over and over again
- finds any toilet with an open lid faster than you can believe
And so many more...I pray for blessings and protection on you, my son. I love you.