Wow, a whole week without posting and now I hardly know where to start. Obviously I survived Miss Pink's slumber party. At 12:30 a.m. I finally got the girls bedded down and I read books to them--it was the only way I could think of to keep them still and quiet enough to let sleep overtake them. (Can you tell I am a substitute teacher? When all else fails, read them a story!) Eventually the last pair of eyes closed and I was able to call it a night.
This week was busy, but not impossibly so, because I only got to work two days. I used the other days to bake treats for teachers and finish Christmas shopping. Now I am done except for a gift card for a nephew. Today I went to Mr. Blue's school and took pictures of the Christmas party and then we picked up Miss Pink from school. On Wednesday I got to eat lunch with Miss Pink. I was glad to get to spend the time at their schools because I don't get to do that much anymore.
I had a tough week, though, with anxiety. I won't go into details, because with this type of anxiety, unlike "normal" worrying, the event that sets off the anxiety is not really the point. Once the panicky feelings start, they hang around like unwanted guests and I have to work hard to not let them affect everyone around me. I am determined not to let this control me. So please remember me in your thoughts and prayers. I know I have so much to be thankful for.
This week's Friday Fill-Ins:
1. No, we will NOT eat or drink anything potentially messy on the freshly cleaned living room carpet!
2. I used to do my homework at the old kitchen table.
3. I watched the steam rising from the hot cup of coffee (or tea) and thought: I'm going to burn my tongue on this like I always do.
4. This week my mantra is "It's all going to be okay." (Seriously, this is what I kept repeating to myself.)
5. I'll take Manhattan!
6. I have the best husband in the world, at least from my point of view.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to eating the sausage-corn chowder simmering on the stove, tomorrow my plans include doing some cleaning and present-wrapping and Sunday, I want to go to Pei Wei after church!