Thursday, May 6, 2010

Interviewing

Even though I don't have the energy to post on my blog much lately, I do appreciate those of you who still check me out and even comment. When summer comes, I plan to do quite a bit of posting.

The latest news is that I attended a job fair today at a nearby school district. They're larger than the district I live in, and they have positions to fill, unlike many of the smaller districts who don't have the funds to hire more teachers. I had two interviews which will be reviewed by all the administrators who are looking for someone with my certification. The women from one of the high schools really seemed to connect with me; by the end of the interview they were asking me if I would be interested in teaching creative writing (answer: yes!) and telling me how many great things their school has to offer. So that was good.

The HR coordinator said there was a small chance a school might call us to come for a second interview on campus today, so to have a flexible schedule. Therefore, I didn't take a sub job this afternoon--but of course they haven't called. That's okay, because she said most administrators will want to finish the second day of interviews before making callbacks.

I'm still a little nervous, but I believe I did a good job. I'm glad I got a chance to interview because my personality and my passion for teaching come through so much better in person than on a resume.

Now here is a question for you (if enough of you read this before I have to decide). The interviewers were scoring us on a scale of 1 to 5 in various areas, with 5 being the highest score. Next week we are allowed to email the coordinator if we would like our scores. Should I find out? I mean, it won't make any difference if I find out or not--they'll either call me or they won't. I don't know if I want to know or not!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I would definitely want to know! (although depending on the results I might be selective about who I share them with!)

    Hope you get some great news from the interested high school soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely want to know, too. :)

    Hope things worked out...haven't heard an update from you on it yet... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww... don't be nervous, since you know that you have done a good job.
    Confidence in yourself girl. I have lots in you. *wink*

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, my friend.
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would want to know for the simple fact of improving myself! That would be a huge benefit for down the road.

    Hope it pans out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would e-mail, best of luck with your prospects, Happy Mother's Day, and I still have chocolate to send you :D Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete