Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Fill-Ins #173

I haven't updated in a while because...well, I haven't actually been all that busy--in fact, I took two days off this week--but I just haven't had anything I felt was worth saying. But there comes a point when you just have to update, am I right?

We are all fine. Justin found another shop after the fire (did I already mention that he found another place? it's been two months, and it feels like two years, so I don't remember what I've written about it), and he still has plenty of work, so he is working hard (and late, some evenings) to get make the builders and our bank account happy. I'm proud of my hard-working husband.

I took the kids to the doctor last Friday for their well-child visits. Miss Pink is 48 pounds and 48 inches tall--around the 30th percentile. She is happy and healthy, with a gap-toothed grin from the teeth she's lost, and has just started reading chapter books on her own (I am so proud!) At the last conference with her teacher, she said Miss Pink is way ahead of their class goals in her schoolwork. She also loves school and I'm so glad for that.

Mr. Blue is 38 pounds and I forget how tall, but he's in the 60th percentile overall, which is surprising, because he looks just as slender as his sister to me. He's a monkey right now who does mischievous things and then tries to charm his way out of trouble, the little stinker. I love it when he says, "Mom, Mom, I have to tell you something, Mom," and then when I assure him I'm listening, he proceeds to tell me something totally random that he saw on TV or that another kid told him.

I'm getting tired, so I'm going to go ahead and do the Friday Fill-Ins, which I haven't been able to do in quite a while.

1. Where are my magical house-cleaning elves? I want some magical house-cleaning elves!

2. If wishes were horses then Miss Pink would definitely own a horse as she wants one SO bad!

3. I'd like to see my children and grandchildren have happy, fulfilling lives.

4. When I was a teen, I thought forty was old. As I get closer to it, I would like to revise that opinion!

5. One of my mother's favorite sayings was "You're the kind of girl guys want to marry." (She was right. I'm just glad I picked the right guy to marry.)

6. I'd have a hard time doing without my cell phone.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing my aunt, my cousin, and my cousin's baby while they are in town, tomorrow my plans include scrapbooking, which I haven't done in two months and Sunday, I want to hang out with our friends while we practice a funny skit for a mother-daughter tea next month!



Photobucket

1 comment: