Friday, May 29, 2009

Leaving Your Mark on the World

Happy Friday, everyone! I love four-day weekends, because the next week is shorter.

I rejected the next two questions in the book--well, I might come back to one of them, but not the one that asked if you could kill the pet of anybody you know, whose pet it would be. Jeez. I'm not a pet killer and if you secretly wish you could be, don't tell me, okay?

So the question for today became: If you were to be recognized by posterity for one thing, what would you like to be known for?

Easy. Writing fiction.

Guess I should get to writing fiction and not blogs, huh?

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I would like to be remembered as being grace-filled and forgiving (and forgiven)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think Jeanette gave my answer in a much more precise, profound way!

    I would like to be remembered as someone who extended a measure of grace to everyone. I hope to remembered as a loving, loyal wife and compassionate and supportive mama. Nothing too exciting, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to be remembered as a person who really enjoyed life and was passionate about living the best life possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you guys are making me feel shallow! I was interpreting the question as "what would you like to be well-known in the outside world for?" and here you all go giving beautiful answers that have much more to do with private than public life! Way to make me look bad!

    (Great answers, though. I agree with all of you.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I would love to be remembered for all sorts of fruit-of-the-spirity type things too!

    But I get what you're after - and maybe I'd like to be remembered as having been a great speech pathologist who helped scores of little kids with speech, language and literacy, and helped them achieve their potential in the classroom and in their lives.

    Also as a speech pathologist who balanced work and home well when her kids were little.

    (And the pet-killing question? I second Alison's emphatic "Jeez!")

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right with you. Writing.
    Some day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck, I just want to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would want to be remembered for inspiring others to be the best "them" they could be; in other words, be the biggest cheerleader in a very inspirational way.

    ReplyDelete