Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Haven't Done a Meme In a While

I saw this at Beck's blog.

1. The phone rings. Who will it to be? My husband.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Um. It depends on how far away from the return area I am (in my defense, the return areas are few and far between at the Mall-Wart. I do make sure my cart is not in the way of other cars.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? Talk talk talk. I always RESOLVE to be a better listener, and then I forget because I have so much to SAY.

4. Do you take compliments well? No, I blush and stammer. I am trying to get better at this. A simple "thank you" seems to work in most situations.

5. Do you play Sudoku? No. It involves numbers.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? I'd die in a couple of days, if not sooner. I am completely hopeless in the Great Outdoors.

7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Yes, church camp, and I hated it. It was hot and rainy and there was nothing to do except go to church and (for the girls) watch the boys play softball. There were no athletic activities for the girls since we had to wear skirts anyway.

8. What was your favorite game as a kid? I'm going to say Clue. However, neither of my parents liked board or card games so we didn't own very many games at all.

9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he was married, would you? No way in Hades. Even if I wasn't married.

10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? I think it would be a problem if we had VERY different beliefs. Fortunately, on all points where Justin and I differ, I have won him over to my way of thinking (they were minor things, anyway; we're both from the same denomination).

11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? Be pursued.

12. Use three words to describe yourself? Conscientious, analytical, tender-hearted.

13. Do any songs make you cry? Not very many. A few from musicals, like "On My Own" from Les Miserables. However, I resent tearjerker songs that shamelessly try to manipulate me into crying, like that horrible song about the boy buying his dying mother shoes for Christmas. Songs like that ENRAGE me.

14. Are you continuing your education? Not now. I don't miss grad school, although in the future I might finally finish my master's. I don't need it to teach, though.

15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? No, but I plan to learn.

16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Yes--the last time was at my brother's wedding.

17. How often do you read books? If I go a day without opening a book, it means I am REALLY sick.

18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? Hmmm. I try to live in the present, but all too often I find myself worrying about the future.

19. What is your favorite children’s book? There are too many to list. Lately I have been loving The Secret Garden. The Narnia books and the Anne of Green Gables series are all-time favorites, too.

20.What color are your eyes? Green--well, hazel, but when I wear green they look really green.

21. How tall are you? 5'2".

22. Where is your dream house located? Here, I guess. Where my extended family lives (and Justin's isn't too far away.)

23. If your house was on fire, what are the first things you grab? My kids, (Justin is responsible for himself), my purse (it'd be a pain to replace all the things in it), and my scrapbooks if I could get to them.

24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Oh, it's been years. There is one in our suburb but it's always crowded and I like local places better than chains.

25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? To west Ft. Worth.

26. Do you like mustard? Yes, in moderation.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Fun meme! I may have to steal that one for use shortly as I'm running low on brain power these days.

    In fact, we have a lot in common, based on your answers! Well, mostly anyway. I mean, I'm not intending to learn how to use a gun anytime soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhhh!
    Lucky you, living in your dream place now! Envy... *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny about church camp - everyone I've seen do this meme went and hated it, but The Girl had such a TERRIFIC time this summer. Of course, she could play sports and wear shorts.

    That Christmas shoes song? WORST SONG EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great meme.

    The best fact of all - I am taller than you (but not by much!!!)

    ReplyDelete