I finally have a Tuesday with enough time free to do a "What I Learned This Week" post. So here's what I learned.
- The house is much quieter with only one child at home. No squabbles!
- However, the squabbling is apparently normal. A news article about sibling rivalry tells it like it is:
I was relieved to learn that playing together matters more than fighting in terms of how close the siblings end up later in life. In other words, siblings who fuss a lot but play together a lot tend to be closer later on than those who hardly ever fought or played together (via Suburban Correspondent).
- I get more housework done when I am procrastinating about going to the gym.
- I never thought Miss Pink could seem any cuter to me, but then she lost a front tooth last week and I can't stop smiling whenever I look at her. She also has an adorable lisp now. Precious!
- We went to dinner last night to celebrate birthdays for Justin and my new sister-in-law, at a restaurant called Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes. I learned that if I eat two yeast rolls with butter, a salad with warm bacon vinaigrette, a 9-oz. ribeye, a baked potato, and red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, I WILL feel stuffed to the point of misery. At the time, however, it was impossible to stop eating!