Yay, it's Friday (or it will be by the time y'all read this!) Before I do the fill-in, here's some exciting news: I have an interview! No, it's not for a permanent job--but it may lead to one. It's a long-term sub job for 9th grade English, and getting experience at the high school will definitely improve my chances of getting a permanent gig when the new high school opens in the fall. Plus, it's 50% more pay (which is only fair since I'll be doing all the grading, lesson planning, paperwork, etc. that the regular teacher does). There are apparently a lot of people who try for these jobs and I'm lucky to get an interview. Please say a prayer, cross your fingers, chant or burn incense for me--but don't sacrifice any goats. Unless you need fresh goat meat. But don't make a big mess just for me, is what I'm saying.
Oh, shoot--if you think sacrificing a goat will guarantee me a job, go ahead and do it!
Here's the fill-in!
1. Wouldn't it be easy if kids listened and obeyed everything we said?
2. My marriage is better than ever!
3. I love the taste of salty and sweet things together--like chocolate-covered pretzels, or crispy fries dipped in a milkshake. Mmmm, now I'm getting hungry.
4. My husband is flipping through channels in the living room.
5. The first thing we're going to do is talk about everything we've got going on.
6. The rain outside goes drip, drip, drip; all night long. (it really is raining; hopefully it won't become ice by morning).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making the kids pick up all their toys so I don't have to look at them all over the floor, tomorrow my plans include getting some scrapbook pages done with my group and Sunday, I want to celebrate 10 people getting baptized at our church!
Happy weekend, everyone!