Hey, everybody! It's been a busy week again--how would it not be with 170 students to teach, many papers to grade, and a standardized test to administer?--but I enjoyed it and am ready to go back next week. I really think I am going to miss being in the same school, knowing what I'm going to teach (because I planned it!) and being around "my" students--they are great kids.
Well, that's about all of an update I can manage right now. Here's a meme I got from Facebook and filled out the other day but never got around to posting. (The answers about "right now" were true then!)
1. First thing you wash in the shower?
2. What does your favorite hoodie look like?
It's plain black--I need to get a more distinctive one, I guess.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Was it my husband or one of the kids? lol. Either way, yes!
4. Do you plan outfits?
Yes. Sometimes when I'm supposed to be paying attention to something else.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
6. Whats the closest thing to you that's red?
Uno cards and a 9 volt battery (they're next to each other on the desk.)
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I honestly can't remember.
8. Did you meet anybody new today?
No. By now I've met all my students.
9. What are you craving right now?
The dinner on the stove: bean soup and hot rolls.
10. Do you floss?
Yes, but I skip every other night or so. Bad Ali!
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
12. Are you emotional?
HAHAHA. Have you MET me?
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
Yes. And also backwards, when I had frequent insomnia.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
15. Do you like your hair?
Yes. Some days more than others. Right now I will like it better when I get a haircut.
16. Do you like yourself?
Yeah, I'd say so. (It wasn't always the case.)
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
Sure, if he was buying.
18. What are you listening to right now?
The music to Yo Gabba Gabba.
19. Are/were your parents strict?
20. Would you go sky diving?
It would be a cold day in Hades.
21. Do you like cottage cheese?
No! I hate the texture.
22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
23. Do you rent movies often?
No, because Justin and I are too tired to stay up two more hours after the kids go to bed. We sometimes rent family movies or TiVo movies and watch them when we get time.
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
I live with a seven-year-old girl. There is blue glitter nail polish and a rhinestone pin shaped like a treble clef an arms' length away, and many other examples nearby.
25. How many countries have you visited?
26. Have you made a prank phone call?
Yeah, when I was a teenager. We used to call people late at night and tell them they were on the air to win a radio contest.
27. Ever been on a train?
28. Brown or white eggs?
29.Do you have a cell-phone?
And a cell phone bill.
30. Do you use chap stick?
My lips don't get chapped very often. I use my husband's Carmex when they do.
31. Do you own a gun?
Not personally, but my husband does.
32. Can you use chop sticks?
Sadly, no. I always intend to try but get too hungry when the food comes.
33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
My husband and kids. Later I am going to my book club with several friends.
34. Are you too forgiving?
I don't know what this means. As a Christian, I believe I am required to forgive "seventy times seven."
35. Ever been in love?
36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow?
He is working and then we are going to King Tut, our favorite Egyptian restaurant.
37. Ever have cream puffs?
This past Sunday, they were served at a reception and I had my kids try them (they weren't too sure because of how the cream puffs looked) and then they loved them.
38. Last time you cried?
When someone told me they were praying for us after the shop burned down.
39. What was the last question you asked?
"Miss Pink, where are you?"
40. Favorite time of the year?
41. Do you have any tattoos?
42. Are you sarcastic?
No, of course not *said in a sarcastic voice.*
43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
No. In fact, I have no idea what it is.
44. Ever walked into a wall?
Yes--I'm very clumsy.
45. Favorite color?
46. Where do you want to retire?
Wherever my family is.
47. Is your hair curly?
Not at all.
48. What was the last CD you bought?
I don't recall.
49. Do looks matter?
You have to be attracted to someone if you want to have a lasting relationship.
50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
Maybe. If I really believed he was repentant and he proved he would do anything I asked to rebuild my trust. But it would take a long time.
51. Is your phone bill sky high?
I don't know; my husband pays it.
52. Do you like your life right now?
Yes, I love my family and I am having fun teaching.
53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
No; it's in the living room, so we turn it off before we go to bed.
54. Can you handle the truth?
I want to be told the truth, but break it to me gently.
55. Do you have good vision?
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people
I don't like the word hate, but I do dislike more than three people.
57. How often do you talk on the phone?
A couple of times a day. I don't like long phone conversations.
58. The last person you held hands with?
Miss Pink, when we were crossing the street across from her school.
59. What are you wearing?
A magenta knit dress and black footless tights.
60.What is your favorite animal?
As a pet, dogs; otherwise, horses.
61. Where was your profile picture taken at?
My living room. I need a new one; the walls aren't even that color anymore.
62: Can you hula hoop?
Not well at all.
63. Do you have a job?
I am a substitute teacher.
64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
Thank-you cards for people who blessed us with some money... and I hate that this is the last answer of this set of questions.