Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cherishing Simple Days and Friday Fill-Ins #170

Tomorrow is Good Friday, of course, and it is a school holiday for me and Miss Pink. Normally I would keep Mr. Blue home too, but he has an Easter egg hunt at school tomorrow, so we will sleep in (hopefully) and take him to school around 10:00. It's supposed to be raining, so the egg hunt may have to be indoors, which will be interesting with the small classrooms at the daycare. Then Mr. Blue can stay at school for a special lunch, complete with treats, while Miss Pink and I leave to grab a bite of lunch and take a load of kid clothes to the resale shop.


Just a simple day. Funny how much I cherish them now that such days are the exception rather than the norm. Don't get me wrong on either side: I am so thankful I got to stay home with my children for a number of years, AND I love working now. It's just that a little break from the routine--a day which used to BE the routine--feels like pure luxury now.

And now for some Friday Fill-Ins!

1. All you need is love. Seriously, you can handle anything if you have love.
2. The silliness of my husband and kids fills me with laughter.
3. Each generation, as it grows up, rejects the ideas of the generation which came before.
4.Apathy is something I have a hard time dealing with (not in me, in others!)
5. A trip to a beach is what I need.
6. Give to God and you get back.
7. And as for the weekend, Friday night I'm looking forward to watching American Idol, Saturday my plans include planning the menu for next week and making gumbo for dinner and Sunday, I want to hide Easter eggs at my mom's house for the kids to find!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment