Thursday, January 24, 2008

Puking May Endure for a Night...

...but around 1 am I realized I was going to live (until then I wasn't at all sure I wanted to) and, lo, I experienced the joy of the Lord. Although very quietly, and then I thankfully went to sleep.

Up until that time Miss Pink was the only one who got any sleep, because Mr. Blue threw up in his bed 4 times (plus the 3 times he'd thrown up BEFORE bed). Poor baby. The weird thing was, he acted like he felt fine in between eruptions. How do you explain to a toddler demanding food and drink, "No, you can't have anything because you're just going to throw up in 15 minutes?" So part of my joy was that he slept the rest of the night after 1 am.

By that time poor Justin was so awake that he just went in the living room and watched TV for a couple of hours. He is a good daddy, let me tell you. I did what I could manage but he did most of the caring for the little guy and even did a couple of loads of laundry while he was up.

So it's just really awful that most likely his reward is to get the virus from hell. At least his wife will be alive to take care of him.

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully everyone is feeling fine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better!! And I agree with your last post about holding back someone's hair while they puke. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everybody gets well soon! I totally agree: telling an ill toddler he can't have anything when he pitifully begs for juice, water--anything--is heart-wrenching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. My husband did the SAME THING - and now the poor darling man is feverish and at work. Sorry, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the funny thing is that I was praying for you and the family around the time you experienced the joy of the Lord. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUCK. Just... yuck. I'm glad you're better now!

    ReplyDelete