I usually don't do this, but CynthiaK at Crumbs in the Minivan gave me one of the Honest Scrap awards and I thought the accompanying meme was fun enough to participate in and pass along. Thanks, Cynthia! So without further ado, here are the rules:
*Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award
*Share “10 Honest Things” about myself
*Present the award to 10 other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged me
*Be sure to tell the 10 bloggers chosen that you are giving them the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them
Here are 10 honest things about me. I said "honest," not necessarily "interesting!"
1. I taught myself to read when I was 3 1/2. So I skipped kindergarten, which I now regret because kindergarten is the best year of school!
2. My undergraduate major was psychology. I like to analyze everything.
3. I don't really like massages. They just don't make me feel relaxed.
4. My first real haircut was when I was thirty. It's a long story, but basically I had never cut my hair before because of religious reasons, and then my beliefs changed.
5. I never met a carb I didn't like. Well, maybe Cool Ranch Doritos (no offense if you like those. I like nacho Doritos.)
6. I have read every book C.S. Lewis wrote.
7. I would love to one day have a two-story library, like the one in Beauty and the Beast.
8. I read cookbooks for fun. Sometimes I actually cook a recipe out of one of them.
9. I never skipped a college class for no reason. Not once. (I am such a nerd.)
10. I don't really enjoy hot baths or hot tubs, because I get overheated easily and then my head itches. No massages, no bubble baths--I really need to find something that helps me relax (and that doesn't involve eating a bag of Hershey's Kisses!)
And now for the 10 bloggers to whom I am giving this award:
Killing a Fly With a Ukelele Is Probably the Wrong Thing To Do
All About Your Child
The Fritz Facts
Graze If You Want To But Don't Eat Dirt
Welcome to My World
The Journey to the Hot Tub
Frog and Toad Are Still Friends
I don't mind if you don't want to post your own list. Just know that I enjoy knowing you through your blog!