"Things that happened." What a great job I am going to do teaching kids how to write in vivid, interesting ways! "Do as I say, kids, not as I do on my blog."
- Everything is harder when Daddy isn't around. We all miss him like crazy.
- My MIL is doing better. The problem, which was pinpointed by a culture they took last week? She had a yeast infection and a herpes infection in her lungs. I didn't even know that could happen (although I knew secondary infections often set in after the chemo weakens the person's immune system). Well, now that the doctors know what to treat her for, she's improved enough that she can go home Thursday.
- Last week I was with third graders three days in a row. Yesterday, I was at the high school watching videos on macroeconomics and world religions. It was much less noisy, I'll tell you that. Plus no one punched another kid in the nose, as happened in the third grade classroom. After questioning, we learned that the kid who got punched had been making fun of the other one the day before, and the puncher's mom had told him, "If he does it again, punch him in the nose."
- On Sunday we were sitting in traffic and Mr. Blue said in the most resigned voice, "I dess we're gonna sit here forever." I had to laugh because that's what I often say when I'm waiting to turn and can't get an opening in traffic.
- While we were grocery shopping, he saw some ceramic pumpkins. "Look at those pumpkins with their angry eyes," he said. Not scared, just observationally.