5 things that made me happy this week
1. Mr. Blue has been carrying around a screwdriver and a tape measure for the past few days. His serious expression when he “uses” the tools just kills me.
2. I got a lot of phone calls made, tasks I’d been putting off. Some things are not finalized, but Mr. Blue is probably going to preschool two days a week in September, Miss Pink is in gymnastics for the spring, and I know who I need to talk to when it’s time to find out which school she’ll be attending in the fall (they’re redistricting and it’s not decided yet).
3. The week has not been as difficult as I feared. I AM tired at night, but the kids are playing together much better all of a sudden. Miss P “teaches” him things and he is old enough to understand and young enough to want to participate (mostly). It reminds me of me and my brother (awwww).
4. Ben and Jerry’s Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.
5. Hearing Miss P say, “This is the best day of my LIFE!” because of it being Valentine’s Day and gymnastics class on the same day.
6 things that bothered me
1. Restless sleep in the early morning hours, after Justin gets up at 5 am. At least I usually go back to sleep.
2. I didn’t eat so healthfully or exercise that much this week, and feel sluggish as a result.
3. Things cost money. Things like Easter outfits and dentist appointments and routine car maintenance. I can’t help letting it bug me a little.
4. Next weekend is Mr. Blue’s second birthday party. I am solely responsible for planning and preparing for the party, since Justin will be gone until the night before. I’m sure it will be fun once it gets here. I always do this—stress over the details in advance. No wonder I keep my kid’s parties low-key as long as I can!
5. Dreams which my subconscious mind thinks should be turned into a story—to the point where I try to figure out how to make the details coherent. Given that my dreams are always incoherent, this is exhausting.