Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mystery

Something strange happened in our bathroom yesterday.

Justin went into our tiny master bathroom (it contains only the shower and toilet) and I heard him say, "What happened in HERE?"

I rushed in there because with two young children, I feared the worst--excrement smeared on the wall, maybe? [Shudder] Instead, there were little bits of toilet paper stuck to the bottom half of the wall and the floor, the bath mat was damp, and the toilet seat was wet. We couldn't figure out what had happened until I lifted the seat and more tiny bits of paper were stuck inside the rim, indicating that the wet paper had come from inside the toilet. (Look at how I'm trying to sound like a CSI--at least I didn't use the words "directionality" and "spatter.")

Miss Pink said, "I know what happened--the toilet exploded!"

The one thing we know for sure is that it didn't happen right after flushing, or I would have noticed it. We flushed the toilet several times but it refused to explode again. Which was sort of scarier to me--it's not CONSISTENT with its eruptions. I've kept the lid down all day: so far, so good. Of course, I'm also kind of avoiding it, telling myself that I just prefer the other toilet. I don't want the master bathroom one to explode while I'm using it. Ack!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry! That is, in my book, the worst mess to clean up. We recently had an upstairs toilet overflow and rain down on the couch via the air conditioner vent in the ceiling. YUCK! The couch is being professionally cleaned next week, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete