Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week in Review, 3/16--3/23 (yes I know that is more than a week but most of these are from today)

Things that made me happy

1. The chocolate cream pie my mom bought from a tea room for lunch today. I’m so glad I can eat sweets again.

2. The service at church today. At one point I had tears in my eyes as I thought about what Christ’s resurrection means to me, and what it meant to the first believers who saw the empty tomb. Say what you will, something happened that made them willing to suffer and die, if necessary, to tell the world about Jesus.

3. I taught the adult Sunday School class about forgiveness, and quite a few people told me that it helped them. I’m so humbled, and glad to help. My greatest wish is that more people could find spiritual and emotional healing.

4. The kids hunting eggs (inside, since it was chilly) were predictably adorable. When Mr. B saw an egg (that we pointed out to him) he said, “OH!” almost like he was singing the word.


Things that did not

1. Mr. Blue is sick—he’s oozing mucous and I feel so bad for him. When he wakes up his right eye is matted shut, but he hardly whines even when he has a fever.

2. The Easter Bunny ate too many jelly beans last night. On the plus side, I don’t want any more for a long time.

3. Why is it that I leave the house in decent shape before we leave, and when we return, the second we step in the door, it is like a disaster site? Plus Justin is sick too and doesn't feel like helping to clean up (he did help take care of the kids). I hate starting the week feeling like I'm already behind and won't ever catch up.

P.S. Don't you think it's awful that my FIRST happy thing was pie, THEN Jesus rising from the dead? What screwed-up priorities I have! But I'm leaving it so you will know I am honest and don't (always) edit myself.

2 comments:

  1. LOL (really) about your priorities. I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't pointed it out! (Guess that tells you about my priorities, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for some reason I don't want any more candy for a loooooong time, too. Funny, that...

    ReplyDelete