Sunday, February 22, 2009

My First Baby

Here is a baby meme I've seen around and decided to share with you.

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Very much so.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excitement, joy, and a little bit of fear.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
27.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
A home pregnancy test.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband. He was waiting for the results of the test with me.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
No, and we held out despite my mom's desire to know so she could shop for the baby.

9. DUE DATE?
December 14, 2002. (I had to look this up.)

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No. I have always wondered what I did to get so lucky.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
My second trimester was during the summer, so I ate a lot of snow cones. Other than that, I just ate anything that sounded good.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I wasn’t irritable when I was pregnant. (Really! You can ask my husband!)

13. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILD’S SEX?
Female.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No—I secretly wanted a girl. Because of the clothes (see #8).

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN?
I think it was 27.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, given by the church. (They do that for all first babies.)

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew. It was actually after the birth because people wanted to know the sex before buying gifts.

18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No, thank goodness.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Harris Methodist Hospital in Ft. Worth, TX

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Around 12—from 2 a.m. to 2:01 p.m.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Justin. We stopped at the bank to get some money out of the ATM on the way. Because it was SO IMPORTANT that he have money so he could feed himself while I was in labor. (What was up with that?)

23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION?
Vaginal.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
You bet! My doctor said, “You can have the epidural now,” as I was starting to get pretty tired from the pain and wondering how much longer I could do this without freaking out. A few minutes after I had the epidural, I was a happy woman.

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
Seven pounds, eleven ounces.

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
December 11, 2002.

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD?
I’m not going to tell you since this is the Internet—you know her as Miss Pink.

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST-BORN TODAY?
6.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. ah, I am sure it was so nice to go down memory lane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so good to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet meme!

    BTW, thanks for visiting Beth Kephart's blog and reading the interview - I really appreciate that!

    Hope you had a great weekend and take care...

    :^) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I'm laughing. This confirms that men get VERY hungry while their women are delivering their children. My own husband rushed out after my 36 hour odyssey and came back a few hours later.

    Man, I was hungry, he said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My uncle was retelling the story of my cousin's birth recently & they stopped at the bank on the way, too. What's up with that? -- Leann

    ReplyDelete