Since it's Mr. Blue's third birthday today, I thought I'd post the same meme for him.
1. WAS YOUR SECOND PREGNANCY PLANNED?
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
A home pregnancy test.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes—unlike with our first. I would have waited, but Miss Pink was already saying she wanted a sister and I wanted her to have several months to get used to it if she was having a brother instead. It was almost as exciting to see the ultrasound as it was to wait until the baby was born—but not quite!
9. DUE DATE?
You know, I don’t remember.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Nothing in particular.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Nothing that I can remember.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILD’S SEX?
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No. I was happy with a boy (but for the record, I would have been happy with a second girl.)
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN?
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, given by my friends.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No, thank goodness.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Harris Southwest Methodist Hospital in Ft. Worth, TX. (It’s a different location than the hospital I had Miss Pink in. The rooms are much bigger, which was nice when we had visitors.)
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Well, I started having mild labor pains three days earlier. But the real labor lasted eleven hours. It started during American Idol, and I waited until the show was over to go to the hospital. Not because I cared about the show so much, but because I wanted to make sure I was really in labor so that I wouldn't be sent home as I had been several days earlier. I have the sheet of paper we were writing the contraction times on.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Justin. His mom was staying with us, so she stayed home with Miss Pink.
23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION?
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
Eight pounds, fourteen ounces. (Did I mention I’m 5’2” and small-boned? Thank GOD for epidurals!)
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
February 23, 2006.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD?
I’m not going to tell you since this is the Internet—you know him as Mr. Blue.
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST-BORN TODAY?
Happy birthday, Mr. Blue! You'll always be my baby boy.