Here's what I learned (or re-learned) last week.
- Now that Miss Pink is learning to read and write, she has started wanting to write (or use sign language) instead of talk. And sometimes it's not always easy to figure out what she's trying to communicate. It took a long time Saturday morning for me to understand that she was trying to communicate that biscuits and bacon for breakfast are really yummy.
- Homemade biscuits and gravy (with bacon!) are worth the extra time it takes to make them.
- With any task Mr. Blue wants to do, I learned that NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES should I try to do it for him, help him do it, touch the object OR him, or say anything at all or he will scream.
- My decision to stop feeling guilty for taking naps when I can was justified. I read in a magazine that women who get more sleep (up to a certain amount, one assumes) are less likely to be overweight. So I am BURNING FAT in my sleep. It makes sense, though--when you sleep less, you're tired and stressed, so you don't have energy to exercise and you eat for comfort. Which I totally do when I feel tired and cranky. So of my two indulgences, sleep is better for me.
- I'm sorry I can't be more specific (because I promised my husband not to tell any details at all*) but I have to say that sometimes, when you're looking down the barrel of disaster, you ask for help, and the answer is yes. "Ask, and you shall receive..."