It's such a minor question, really. Something I ought to know my own mind about. Yet I can't stop thinking about it.
Should I get a Facebook page or not?
So here are the pros and cons, as I see them.
1. It's a great way to stay in touch with people I hardly ever have contact with anymore, like my cousins and other friends who live all over the country.
2. My DAD is on Facebook, for crying out loud.
3. At this point, I feel like I'm holding out pointlessly, like the last few people who refused to get cell phones. I've done this before--hold out against a trend, finally succumb, and then feel like even more of a mindless lemming.
4. I'm curious. Plus I hear you can play Scrabble there. I'm getting tired of playing against my computer.
1. Like I need another way to waste time online! I'm afraid I'll spend WAY too much time on there. When my kids are looking for me, they already know to look in front of the computer.
2a. Do I really want to reconnect with people I didn't like that much to begin with? Or even if I liked them, will it just be high school all over again?
2b. THREE of my ex-boyfriends have friended my dad and written messages to him. Do I even need to explain my misgivings about this?
3. I'm already on Twitter, which I hear is threatening Facebook as the cool new networking site.
(You can follow me here.)
So tell me your Facebook stories and if I decide to do it, I want all of you Facebook users to friend me so I don't feel like I'm a big ol' loser.