Tuesday, July 28, 2009
What I Learned This Week
Hmm...I think I have learned a few things in the past week.
1. I need to have people over more often because that's the only real motivation I have to clean the house. (I've realized this before but apparently needed a reminder because I hadn't dusted in at least a month...but then Justin invited people over this weekend and voila!)
2. Contrary to my apprehensions, Mr. Blue is old enough to go to the movies. We went with our playgroup last week. I had to take him to the bathroom twice and he spilled his popcorn, but didn't cry because I let him have mine. Anytime there is no crying, I count an outing as a success, so today we are going with some other friends invited us to another movie (G-Force, for only $2.50 a person! Extra popcorn not included, though.)
3. My children have a busy social life. Although we did stay home all day yesterday. It was a rainy day and they made a "house" with three chairs, a stepstool, and multiple blankets. They played with it all of three minutes before filling up three big cooking pots with water. The pots were a water park for the Littlest Pet Shop pets, if you're wondering (I was).
4. By accident, I was able to wear my hair with beachy waves in it. My hair is an annoying texture: it has a little wave in it when wet, but it dries neither straight nor wavy enough to look good. It normally looks frizzy with stringy ends when it air dries. Which doesn't prevent me from letting it air dry, because I'm lazy (see #1 above) but we had a get-together Friday night and I do have some pride.
Anyway, that day I went to the pool, but washed my hair and put it up first. It was so dirty I couldn't stand it anymore, and I knew I wouldn't get it wet at the pool. When I took it down, hours later, it was still a little damp and had a nice wave so I applied John Frieda Dream Curls spray and wore it like that, and it fit the casual look I was going for.
5. Last but certainly not least, I have finally learned how to be as smart as a monkey. You can too, just by watching this short video.
That's all, folks! Check out other people who are at LEAST as smart as a monkey at Musings of a Housewife's "What I Learned This Week" blog carnival.