Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I Learned This Week


Hmm...I think I have learned a few things in the past week.

1. I need to have people over more often because that's the only real motivation I have to clean the house. (I've realized this before but apparently needed a reminder because I hadn't dusted in at least a month...but then Justin invited people over this weekend and voila!)

2. Contrary to my apprehensions, Mr. Blue is old enough to go to the movies. We went with our playgroup last week. I had to take him to the bathroom twice and he spilled his popcorn, but didn't cry because I let him have mine. Anytime there is no crying, I count an outing as a success, so today we are going with some other friends invited us to another movie (G-Force, for only $2.50 a person! Extra popcorn not included, though.)

3. My children have a busy social life. Although we did stay home all day yesterday. It was a rainy day and they made a "house" with three chairs, a stepstool, and multiple blankets. They played with it all of three minutes before filling up three big cooking pots with water. The pots were a water park for the Littlest Pet Shop pets, if you're wondering (I was).

4. By accident, I was able to wear my hair with beachy waves in it. My hair is an annoying texture: it has a little wave in it when wet, but it dries neither straight nor wavy enough to look good. It normally looks frizzy with stringy ends when it air dries. Which doesn't prevent me from letting it air dry, because I'm lazy (see #1 above) but we had a get-together Friday night and I do have some pride.

Anyway, that day I went to the pool, but washed my hair and put it up first. It was so dirty I couldn't stand it anymore, and I knew I wouldn't get it wet at the pool. When I took it down, hours later, it was still a little damp and had a nice wave so I applied John Frieda Dream Curls spray and wore it like that, and it fit the casual look I was going for.

5. Last but certainly not least, I have finally learned how to be as smart as a monkey. You can too, just by watching this short video.



That's all, folks! Check out other people who are at LEAST as smart as a monkey at Musings of a Housewife's "What I Learned This Week" blog carnival.


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Um, I only dust about every 6 weeks or so. Does that make me lazy too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are people who clean for reasons other than having company? Really? I think I'm going to start opening my bananas like a monkey too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought I was the only one who cleaned when company was due...hmmm...and my kids are smart as monkeys too...course they should have figured this one out like I don't know...20 years ago?
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE DUSTING! it's such a waste of time, unfortunately for me, my husband was brought up in a completely dust free home. yikes.

    by the way - I loved the banana video - had no idea I've been doing it all wrong for 30 years :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to show my kids how to open bananas like that, they always destroy them.

    I don't clean...my kids do. lol Their chores involve getting some of that done each day. Last week, because of lovely fabulous behavior (insert attitude) they had to clean the almost the entire house. It was lovely. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on #1! Today I'm rearranging the living room, so at least a bit of dusting and vacuuming will get done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you like to come visit me in Ireland, then maybe I will get the cleaning done!

    Although it is late, we have no bananas in the house and I want to TRY THIS NOW!!!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I never knew to open a banana like that! That is too cool!:)LOL

    ReplyDelete