1. The Impressionist art exhibit. (Next time I won't wait until the last week to go.) I can't wait until the kids are old enough to go with me. There is a fabulous art teacher at Miss Pink's school. Right now they are learning about abstract art--specifically Kandinsky. (!) She has also done a picture in the style of Matisse, which I can't wait to see.
2. Speaking of art, Miss Pink is a prolific artist. You should have seen the pile of paper that came out of the drawer where I let her keep her drawings. The pile covered half of her bed. If it were up to her, she would keep every scrap of paper she has ever drawn on or found anywhere EVER, but since it's not up to her, we go through the papers when the drawer won't close properly. I let her keep 50 papers (there had to have been 250 pieces of paper to start with). It was so hard for her to decide but she did it. And the pieces she saved are really good (I got the best of the best for the scrapbook.)
3. Today Miss Pink said she wanted her "usual diet." And what would that be, I asked. "Candy!" she yelled. "Um, just because you ate a lot of candy on Halloween doesn't make it your usual diet. That would be your UNUSUAL diet," I said. And amazingly, she knew what I was talking about and agreed. [A five-year-old who talks about her "usual diet" is pretty darn unusual, in my mind.]
4. While getting ready for church, Miss Pink and I sang "You Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog" together. THIS kind of thing is why I had children.
1. I was going to make an apple crisp on Saturday night (with ice cream, even) but my parents wanted to take us out to eat so I didn't and now I wish I had some. It is on the to-do list this week for sure.
2. The time change did us no good at all. All of us woke up at 6 at the new time and couldn't go back to sleep, since it felt like 7.
I have a busy week. Dentist on Monday, hair appointment on Tuesday (I voted early), Study Buddy volunteering at the school on Wednesday. And on Friday I leave for a girls' only scrapbooking weekend at a bed and breakfast. Woo-hoo!