I’m participating in Works for Me Wednesday again, after having no ideas or forgetting to post for a LONG time. I have gotten some great ideas from the other bloggers, though. If you want to get some good tips, go here.
Recently I started carrying around a little notebook in my purse. Big deal, right? Well, I find it has helped me a LOT. Here’s what I use it for:
1) I use a page for each family member, with their name at the top and clothing sizes listed. Then I’ve listed what clothing or personal items each person (including me!) needs that I would not be able to get on my weekly grocery store trip. Before this, I was always forgetting to buy certain items and that meant we might have to do without. Or alternatively, I would buy a cute dress for Miss Pink, forgetting that she has 63 church dresses already and what she really needs is a pair of jeans. Just writing them down and checking the list has already helped me when I’m at Target or a kids’ resale shop.
2) I make a note when I have an idea for something I want to write or scrapbook. For me, just writing things down is a huge memory booster—plus if I do forget, it’s in my notebook where I can look it up.
3) I can write down phone numbers of Miss Pink’s classmates when we want to schedule a play date for the kids.
4) I write down songs I want to download from iTunes.
5) I’ve used it for a grocery list when needed.
6) Directions. I’m directionally challenged and this way I can find the place the next time without asking again.
Basically, I write down anything I want to remember when I’m away from home. It’s so much better not to try to keep up with all those scraps of paper! And that’s what works for me.