1. The kids wearing their superhero costumes all week. It was so cute. Also, they are playing together well (most of the time).
3. I love this about my husband: he watched most of Pride and Prejudice when it was on the other night—and I wasn’t even in the room!
4. This month’s Challenging Book isn’t really challenging—I chose a Dickens novel since I’ve only read A Christmas Carol (of course), Oliver Twist and Great Expectations—and I may have read those last two in a version abridged for kids, I’m not sure. I chose Nicholas Nickleby and am loving it. Dickens was so funny—his humor still works. He was a master of pacing as well—even though the book is massive, you move through it quickly.
5. Moms’ Night Out last night with friends—dinner at a Mexican restaurant and dessert at one girl’s house. We laughed so much my sides hurt. Plus one of my friends did an actual belly dance for us.Not Liking
1. I went to Chick-Fil-A Tuesday specifically to get the new Coffee Caramel shake because I had a coupon for a free one. Never mind that it’s probably seven thousand calories—it was FREE and I couldn’t pass that up. It turned out that they were only free between 2-5 pm, so I couldn’t justify buying one. Sadly, I ate an ice-cream cone instead.
2. Mr. Blue climbed onto his dresser and my bathroom countertop this week. This means I have to be extra vigilant, so he won’t a) fall and break his head; or b) do what he did the other night—spray himself with a bunch of different colognes so he smells like he was attacked by the fragrance section of a department store. Gag.
3. I am having a hard time finding a swimsuit I like that a) does not make me hate my white, stumpy-legged, flabby body and b) does not cost a bajillion dollars. Stupid stupid stupid.
4. I’ve been in a crabby, slothful mood this week. I’ll give you three guesses why. Thank goodness this week should be better.