1. I went to Goodwill for the first time in literally years and scored a new pair of Banana Republic trouser jeans for $4.99. Also a couple of tee shirts (one has the
2. On Friday, we went to meet friends at Central Market’s outdoor grill and had burgers while the kids played in the play area. We were sitting right by the speakers so we couldn’t hear each other while the band was playing, but it was still fun.
3. And after that we went to Curly’s Frozen Custard and the flavor of the month was cappuccino, which was SO GOOD.
4. I made a playlist of ’80s songs, which I fully intend to add to, and nobody can stop me. Muahahahaha!
1. Our electricity rate is going up. Just in time for summer. I especially love the way the letter included a graph that showed how much less the rate increase is compared to other expenses like gasoline and groceries. Thanks, Gigantic Electricity Company, for reminding me that ALL my expenses have increased and I will have less money than ever! I feel SO much better now!
2. Scrapbooking day was canceled at the church. I was looking forward to going—mostly because we sit around and talk and eat chocolate more than we scrapbook.
3. I’ve noticed that my cooking efforts go downhill as the week progresses. On Monday and Tuesdays, we have good meals; on Wednesday things get a little sketchier due to group meetings that night, and by Thursday, we usually have breakfast for dinner or leftovers. I forgot to defrost the chicken for a soup I was planning to make this Thursday, so instead we went out for Chinese food. No one complained (including me), but I can’t help noting how many times I flake out on Thursdays.
4. It’s going to be in the high 90s this week. The time when I am unhappy about living in