Tuesday, May 27, 2008

WFMW: Smelling Good


Like most girls, I like things that smell good. But I just can't use scented candles on a regular basis. I sometimes burn them when company's coming over, but for daily use, I'm concerned that Mr. Blue might get too fascinated with the fire or I might forget it was burning and leave, and worrying about a burned child or house is one more worry I don't need right now.

At our Mother's Day Sunday School breakfast, I won one of these:

Sorry it's blurry--I don't really know what I'm doing on this blog. I just type and read your comments. Anyway, it's a WoodWick reed diffuser. The reeds go inside the jar of fragrance and diffuse the fragrance into the atmosphere (hence the name "diffuser!" I am a brilliant writer, aren't I?) I got the "Linen" one and I love the smell--that's probably the one I would have chosen for myself. It's subtle yet fresh.

Anyway, I'm sure I wouldn't have spent $24.99 on it for myself, thinking it wouldn't be worth it, but if it lasts 3 months like they claim, I'll definitely get a refill. Right now, it's working for me!

For more ideas and tips, go here.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I do love my Yankee Candles...I keep one in my bedroom and one in the living room...lemon grass and vanilla in the living room, lavender bliss in the bedroom...they are wonderful (and I don't like candles for exactly the same reasons!)
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me working at "my" store...(Not really MY store, just MY workplace) And we sell them for $34.99 and they sell! I'm too cheap, but yes, they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one of those Wood Wick candles for my birthday. It's very cool and crackles like a fire...well, I mean, it IS fire but it crackles like a big fire. I've wondered about these diffusers. I may have to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you like it. My friend A at work didn't like hers. She put one in her office, and later that day she could smell it all the way down the hall as she approached her office. She took it home, and it was still to fragrant for her 3000 sq ft house, so then she put it in the garage. It cost so much that she couldn't bring herself to throw it away! It ended up that the wick caught her sleeve one day and the whole thing went crashing to the ground and it broke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never know if anyone checks back for me to comment back (that's why I usually email) but I thought some of you might like to know that my diffuser is not too strong at all for my 1400 sq. foot house. I hardly even notice the smell on a regular basis-- I just get a little whiff every now and then. Leann's friend must have a more sensitive nose than we do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am addicting to Pottery Barn's "Paperwhite" room spray. It's $17.50 a pop and I spend it gladly. There was a rumor that it was being discontinued, so I put the word out to friends a family. It was time to stockpile. My girlfriend, Erica, hit the motherload and bought me 7 bottles. I thought my husband would kill me when I wrote her a check. It's my secret luxury and EVERYONE walks in a says, "your house smells great!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting how I wrote "addicting" instead of "addicted".... hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a diffuser user (going along with your "addiction" theme) as well, but mine is from a Canadian company Fruits & Passion, and has a real eco-friendly focus with reuseable parts and bamboo reeds. The scent is hibiscus and it transports even the most work-wearied mind to a beach in Hawaii, no problem.

    ReplyDelete